Strange design problem after upgrade

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Strange design problem after upgrade

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

The Painted Hive
    Participant

Hi

After installing the latest updates of both WordPress and Genesis I noticed a strange design problem.

If you visit my site and click one of the category links displayed in the nav bar (such as ‘Before and After’) you are taken to a page with excerpts of all posts filed under that category. For certain categories (such as ‘Before and After’) I set up a sub-title so the category name is displayed ahead of the post title (for example; ‘Before and After: Chair Makeover’, rather than just ‘Chair Makeover’).

For some reason now there is an additional line which appears above this title which just includes the sub-title alone (kinda hard to explain though very clear if you visit this link: http://thepaintedhive.net/category/before-and-after/ ).

It seems okay in IE though is visible in Chrome and Firefox.

Anyone have any idea what may have caused this and how to correct it?

Thanks so much.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  SoZo. Reason: Made link a link
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  SoZo. Reason: Made link a link

SoZo

How did you add the category?

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

The Painted Hive
    Participant

In my child functions file:

[php]
    add_filter (‘genesis_post_title_text’, "hive_sub_category");

function hive_sub_category ($title) {

if (is_category() ) {

//change categories when published
    if (in_array(single_cat_title ("",false), array ("Before and After", "Clever Craft", "How To", "Furniture Rehab", "Room Makeovers", "Dining Room", "My Hive", "Master Bedroom", "Entryway", "Nursery", "Home Office", "Living Room", "DIY" ))) {
    return "<div class=’hive_title_background’><div class=’hive_post_title’>".single_cat_title ("",false).": ". $title."</div></div>";
    } else {

return "<div class=’hive_title_background’><div class=’hive_post_title’>".$title."</div></div>";
    }
    } else {
    return "<div class=’hive_title_background’><div class=’hive_post_title’>".$title."</div></div>";
    }
    }[/php]

A friend helped me with it so I while I understand it a little I’m not completely across it.

SoZo

This is the best I could come up with
    [php]add_filter (‘genesis_post_title_output’, "hive_sub_category");
    function hive_sub_category ($title) {
    if (is_category(array ("Before and After", "Clever Craft", "How To", "Furniture Rehab", "Room Makeovers", "Dining Room", "My Hive", "Master Bedroom", "Entryway", "Nursery", "Home Office", "Living Room", "DIY" ))) {
    return "<div class=’hive_title_background’><div class=’hive_post_title’>".single_cat_title ("",false).": ". $title."</div></div>";
    } else {
    }
    }[/php]
    Gets rid of the double output but places it before the link

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.