Streamline: Featured Pages Thumbnails on static Homepage

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Streamline: Featured Pages Thumbnails on static Homepage

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  janosch 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

janosch
    Participant

Hi all,

thought that I already found my problem solved in this topic. But unfortunately it’s not working for my page (because the topic is closed, I create this new one).

This static Page will be the starting Homepage. But marking this in WordPress all featured page thumbnails and the newsletter subscription option in the header (see on the current Homepage) will be lost.

What’s the trick to bring the featured page thumbnails and newsletter header on a static page and also on archive pages (scribbled it in Photoshop)?

Thanks for any help!
    Jan

http://www.peerewju.de/

AC
    Blocked

Check out this post here. It may be more than you need but you can certainly leave out those parts you don’t want. See if it will work for you. Although that’s for the Jane theme, you should be able to use it for your theme.

janosch
    Participant

wow, that’s a lot of code for someone who’s not familiar with php ;)

Thank you, anitac. I’ll check it on Thursday as in Germany is a bank holiday.

Just one Question: Are you sure, that code will show the featured page thumbnails on a static page / archive page?
    If I’m right, it’s adding the author box etc. but I’ll give my best to adapt the function for using it for my case.

Thanks again &
    have a nice day
    Jan

AC
    Blocked

Yes, it works. Just copy and paste that at the very bottom of the functions.php file. Now, there are references to the Nav (Prev and Next) where that showed up in unstyled text). I removed that code from two areas in the code so the numbers would show up styled at the bottom. http://awesomescreenshot.com/03c2q7sac0

janosch
    Participant

Thank you anitac – I’ll test it. Because of a thunderstorm my private internet doesn’t work.
    Hopefully, next week I can bring it live.

janosch
    Participant

unfortunately it doesn’t do the trick for me.

I copied your code in the functions.php of the streamline child theme (tried functions.php of genesis as well) and marked my favorite page as my new starting page. But there is no change. No featured pages on the static Homepage … :(

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.