Streamline Front Page Blog

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Streamline Front Page Blog

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tejones 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tejones
    Participant

I am wondering how to customize the blog area on the front page of the Streamline Child theme. I’ve looked all throughout the files, and I am unsure where to make the customizations.

My preference would be to have it call a one post category to keep that content static. I like the rest of the page layout.

http://bethlehemhouse.net/cms/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  tejones.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  tejones.
    http://bethlehemhouse.net/cms/

braddalton
    Participant

So you only want to display posts from one category on the home page?

If that’s the case, you can:

1. create a new page
    2. select the blog page template from the page attributes
    3. publish it
    4. Go to Settings > Reading > Front page > a static page > select the blog page as your front page.

Then go to Genesis > Theme Settings > Blog Page Template > Display which category > Select the category of posts you want to display.

tejones
    Participant

Thanks for the response Brad!

I actually like everything on the front page as it was originally created. It’s just that in the blog section, I would like it to be just one category.

I actually found a website on the web who managed to do this.

I was thinking that I would probably need to customize the Genesis Loop to do this, but I was unable to figure out how do that.

braddalton
    Participant

Hi Todd

I just published a post on this which includes links to other solutions so i think you’ll find everything you need there including 5 ways to exclude categories from the loop.

tejones
    Participant

Hey Dalton!

Thanks very much. I think this will help me out a bunch. I think there are multiple different ways to do what I need to do based on your instructions. I will work on it today.

Thanks very much!

Todd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.