Streamline: How to get newsletter banner name box above email box?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Streamline: How to get newsletter banner name box above email box?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

aariade
    Participant

For the eNews Extended plug in, I’ve followed Brandon Kraft’s directions and gotten the name box to match the email box on my Streamline theme.

However, when I set it up to go in the newsletter banner at the top of the screen below the navigation buttons, the name goes to the left of the email field and neither of them fit into the design.

Is there a way I can set it up so that the name box sits on top of the email box and both boxes fit within the colored space provided?

Also, the background color of the box looks slightly whiter than the cream box for the email field.  How do I match the colors? I’m a beginner.  Thanks!

http://www.healthyvegasvegan.com

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,

Open up style.css and look for this line:

.newsletter .enews #subbox, .newsletter .enews #subbox1

If you just want to reduce the space between the name/email fields, add in a margin like this:

margin: 10px 10px 0 0;

So that your completed CSS for that element would look like this:

.newsletter .enews #subbox, .newsletter .enews #subbox1 {
    margin: 10px 10px 0 0;
    padding: 9px 10px 8px 50px;
    }

If you want to change the background color on those fields, you can add the following to the above CSS:

background-color: #f2ddaf;

(That’s a cream color, but you could make it whatever).

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

mcclinton
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue with the theme and plugin. In my case, I want the email box and the submit button to be on one line. I’m using mailchimp. How can I make that happen?

cdils
    Participant

Hi mcclinton,
    Please start a new thread with your question. :)

Thanks,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.