[Streamline] Remove featured image from blog excerpt

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks [Streamline] Remove featured image from blog excerpt

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rfmeier 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kaz van Kooten
    Participant

I have a question regarding the featured image of blog posts:

I’m using the Streamline theme. As you can see in the demo at http://demo.studiopress.com/streamline/, blog post featured images are shown above the post. Not in the excerpt.

On my blog, I’ve set the blog to show the full post content. By inserting the “more”-tag I manually add “read more”, and thereby creating post excerpts. However, the featured image is shown twice: once above the content (where it should be) and once in the blog content (right between the title and the content). When I open the blog post, it shows the featured image only above the post (and that’s where it should be).

So I’m basically just struggling to remove the featured image from the blog post excerpt’s content…

Hoping anyone has an idea how to fix this!

rfmeier
    Participant

Hello,

Does this site happen to be live? Is there a link by chance? It’s odd that it is displaying the feature image with the content excerpt.

Kaz van Kooten
    Participant

Site is still in maintenance mode, but the issue has been resolved: I’d set both Streamline’s and Genesis’ options to “show featured image”. Streamline places the featured image above the blog post, while Genesis inserts it in the post excerpt. So all I had to do was uncheck the “show featured image” box in the Genesis theme options. Missed it before :)

rfmeier
    Participant

Good deal. Glad you got it working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.