Streamline SEO question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Streamline SEO question

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jstar 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jstar
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed that the genesis framework/streamline theme uses my post/page title as the title for SEO (the title that shows up in search engines).

I have AIO SEO installed and I want to create my custom titles and descriptions, because the title I want to show up in the SERPS is vastly different than the one I want in my post/page.

How can I do this?

Thanks so much!  The support here is great!

Bill Murray
    Participant

That’s really a question about how to use AIO SEO, which is best directed at the support for that plugin.

Web: http://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

jstar
    Participant

I know how to use AIO SEO.

I’ve been using it for a couple years.

Even when I fill out the AIO SEO title field, the theme doesn’t take it on. It uses the title of my post as the title for the SERPS.

When I had a different theme installed that wasn’t Genesis framework, my blog took on the AIO SEO settings.

So, it’s something to do with the theme/framework….

Bill Murray
    Participant

Do you have a link to your site?  Have you tried deactivating all other plugins except AIO SEO?  AIO SEO should work with Genesis and should set the SEO title properly.

Web: http://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

jstar
    Participant

Thanks for your help Bill.

I just deactivated AIO SEO and installes SEO YOAST instead and everything looks to be working well with SEO YOAST.

Odd…. but it solved my problem.

Thanks again Bill.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.