[Stretch] Change background to slideshow

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks [Stretch] Change background to slideshow

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ezines 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cyndy Otty
    Participant

I would like to utilize something like this slideshow background script, but (a.) I don’t know exactly where I would put code like that to change the background image that is called and (b.) ideally I would only like this done on one page (e.g., the homepage). I know the theme defaults to a background image and that can be changed in the theme options, but that’s not what I’m talking about.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :-)

— Cyndy Otty —
    http://gentlewit.com

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

This is actually a pretty tricky customization. You could edit the functions.php file where it is using wp_enqueue_script and do a conditional using if( is_home() ) { do this } elseif() { do this } where the “elseif” is the code currently being used as an “if” but you will need to make a custom script to load your slideshow and build that out. It’s a good bit of work and if you are not an intermediate to advanced level developer it will be a very arduous task. You may want to bring in a developer for this task.

anitac
    Participant

Try this plugin called Background Slideshow – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/background-slideshow/

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ezines
    Participant

@Cyndy Otty – Did you try the plugin?

Or find another solution?

ezines
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.