Struggling with Apparition Child Theme Spacing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Struggling with Apparition Child Theme Spacing

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dwaynekilbourne 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dwaynekilbourne

I have way too much space between posts on my pages (archive pages that showcase categories and tag content), but I cannot seem to locate where the part of the CSS file that seems to fit. I’m checking margin and padding, but I’m at a loss.

The site in question is http://rollercoastermedialibrary.com

If you look on any of the category pages via the nav (ie books 0 to 50, etc.), there is too much space between posts. Since the site has a bunch of pages, I had to make it 50 posts per page so that it did not have too many menu items while still loading quicker than if I went with 100 posts per page. Recommendations? If you need access to my CSS style.php file, just let me know.

Dwayne Kilbourne
    Founder, Killer Konceptz

http://rollercoastermedialibrary.com

Gary Jones

There’s a couple of elements that are contributing to the apparent spacing between post content. The first can be found on line 479:

[css]
    .hentry,
    .page.page-template-page_blog-php .hentry {
    border-bottom: double #eee;
    clear: both;
    margin: 0 0 60px;
    padding: 0 0 30px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }
    [/css]

If you change the margin (i.e. to just margin: 0;), then that will reduce the amount of spacing between the divider and the next post title. If you change the padding, then that affects the space between the end of a post, and the following divider.

The other is the margin around the h2, the ruleset for which is located on line 566. Changing that will affect all of the other selectors as well (h1, h2 a etc.) so you may want to create a new ruleset to just amend the h2 if that’s what you want.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

dwaynekilbourne

Thank you so very much. I think that, while in a hurry, I simply reduced the 60 to 0 and saved instead of deleting it… you’re a lifesaver!

Dwayne Kilbourne
    Founder, Killer Konceptz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Struggling with Apparition Child Theme Spacing’ is closed to new replies.