Style Select plugin in Lifestyle Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Style Select plugin in Lifestyle Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TonyP 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TonyP
    Participant

Although the style select box appears in my lifestyle settings, and I can select my chosen stylesheet, it apparently does not change the style sheet from the original style.css.

I am using the latest Genesis and Lifestyle Pro together with WP 3.8

I had no problems with this when I was using Lifestyle 1 and WP 3.8.

As I’m doing a complete site revamp and have 27 sub-blogs on a single domain, each blog using a different stylesheet, this is quite a problem for me, any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers,

Tony

http://www.travelsignposts.com/Bulgaria/

TonyP
    Participant

Sorry, should have come back earlier. The solution to this is to scrap the Style Select plugin and to use the Theme Settings header code insert box to load the style sheet, e.g.:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='http://www.travelsignposts.com/wp-content/themes/lifestyle-pro/style.css' type='text/css' media='all' />

I simply used a different style sheet for each of my sub-blogs. Sometimes the most obvious solution is the best!

Tony

Anita
    Participant

Are you referring to the Genesis Style Select plugin from here? If so, it hasn’t been updated in over two years. I wouldn’t use that. Even though it says “Genesis”, it wasn’t developer by Studiopress, it’s a third party plugin.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Anita
    Participant

Also, that plugin was created before the HTML5 development of Lifestyle Pro, so that’s probably why it’s not working. You may want to look at the Design Palette Pro plugin.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

TonyP
    Participant

Yes, Nick created it, as I remember. I try to avoid still more plugins (not very successfully!) and find that it’s easier to just write a new CSS file to do what I want. Once I’ve sorted out the way the child theme is organised, that is! Thank goodness for Chrome’s “Inspect element” in the Developer”s Tools…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.