Subject for Discussion: Selling a site versus installing a site…

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Subject for Discussion: Selling a site versus installing a site…

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Susan

Here’s this week’s subject for discussion (I think a daily subject for discussion would be a fun idea, and might foster more of a community feeling here, but I don’t know if I can think of that many questions!)

When you build a website for a client (family member, friend, whatever!), do you install it on their hosting site, or do you just zip up the site, e-mail it to them, and let them go ahead and install it?

Or, do you offer different levels of services where a basic website might be more of the “do it yourself” variety versus the “white glove treatment.”

Thoughts?

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Susan.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Susan.

anitac
    Participant

In a client situation – I actually will set everything up on their hosting, however they don’t have access to the account until we are finished. I know a lot of people use offline programs to work on their sites, but I found that to be too much work transferring everything. So, I work on a LIVE hosting account, but the site is in maintenance mode until we are finished. And, I get 1/2 of the money up front – unless it’s a large project – I’ll ask for 2/3 of it up front. The final payment is due before I had over user id’s and passwords to all of the accounts.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.