Subscribe Box after post on Metro Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Subscribe Box after post on Metro Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  servando 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

servando
    Participant

Hello.

I’m, using Metro Theme: http://stream-seo.com/

The first widget you see at the sidebar was created  using the Genesis eNews Extended Plugin (I get a lot of subscribers there with Aweber).

I want to create another one with the same design after the post content (currently using Optin Skin) to generalize my design.

If I grab the same widget and put it in the After Content section it looks totally different. I also tried following Brian’s post to create a newsletter widget section but the problem remains on the CSS of the subscribe box which isn’t the same as in the sidebar.

Could somebody help me or point me to the right direction with the design?

I want it to look exactly as in the sidebar (same buttons and colors) just with a different width and probably the email and name forms on the same line (the subscribe button below those).

Thanks on advance for your help.

braddalton
    Participant

You’ll need a fair bit of custom CSS to make it look the same as your sidebar.

Install the Firebug addon for Firefox and inspect each element which you can copy into your child themes style.css file.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

servando
    Participant

Hello Brad,

I have Firebug on Chrome.

But where is this eNews extended plugin taking the CSS to have that shape? Directly from my blog design? because as far as I remember, it acts different on different themes.

braddalton
    Participant

From your child themes style.css file. You’ll find the code in there. Fair bit of work to do what you’re asking.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

pluzito
    Participant

Servando, I’ve visited your site and noticed that you have an awesome after post subscribe widget. Could you share with us how you get it please?

servando
    Participant

Hello.

I’m using Optin Skin plugin. Another one could be POPup domination, but I prefer Optin Skin.

Aside from maybe not being as equal on design as I wanted (only the one at the sidebar remains using genesis enews extended), it allows me to do a lot more things.

Hope it works for you .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.