Subscription to newsletter not working properly

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Subscription to newsletter not working properly

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cesc Vilanova 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Cesc Vilanova
    Participant

Hi again!

I just changed my theme from Minimum to the new version of Genesis Theme.

Now that I’ve changed I’m having the same problem while configuring the newsletter box that I had last time: I don’t see the button to subscribe.

I’ve tried the solution that Kraft provide me last time (removing .enews #subbutton from the styles.css) but I don't find this code.

Am I doing something wrong?

This is the url of my site: http://www.cescvilanova.com

Thanks a lot!

Cesc.

Kraft
    Participant

First, as a reminder, be sure to use a child theme for any modifications. To make the default Genesis theme a child theme, use this: http://www.studiopress.com/free-themes/sample

On the 1.9 default, they changed the way they hid the submit button from how they did it in Minimum.

At or about like 1136, you’ll see .enews input[type="submit"], .search-form input[type="submit"] { with border 0, clip: rect(0,0,0,0), etc.

If you want to get the submit button back for both the enews widget and the search feature (header right on the demo), remove that CSS section.

If you want just the .enews submit to return, remove .enews input[type="submit"], from that line.

The simplest way to see how they hid it is check out the page using either Chrome’s Developer Tools, Firebug or your tools of choice for your browser. You’ll always see the submit button in the html code, so the corresponding CSS will show you the trick they used this time to hide it :-)

Brandon Kraft
    Volunteer
    Blog | Twitter | Business
    Genesis eNews Extended Support

Cesc Vilanova
    Participant

Thank you very much Kraft.

The reminder was very appropriate. I didn’t know I could use the sample as a child theme :)

I made a couple of changes in the parent theme (the ones required to install the newsletter box).

What can I do to restore the parent theme? It’s ok if I download the parent theme again and install it overwriting the modified version?

Thanks again!

Cesc.

Kraft
    Participant

Yeah – you can download Genesis (parent) again and replace everything in your genesis folder, then remake the mods in the sample child theme.

For you or anyone else who stumble across this post, you don’t want to edit the parent /genesis/ theme at all as when a new version of Genesis is released, all modifications would be lost on update. No good!

Brandon Kraft
    Volunteer
    Blog | Twitter | Business
    Genesis eNews Extended Support

Cesc Vilanova
    Participant

Great. I could finally fix it :)

This is how it looks (I’ve also narrowed the wrapper):

http://cescvilanova.com/historia-de-una-idea-de-app-que-voy-a-guardar-en-la-nevera/

Thanks a lot for your help Kraft. Great support.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.