suggestions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Maybe I overlooked info regarding rating themes in the forum but I would love to read ratings for the several Themes. This would make it a lot easier for me to decide whether to buy a specific <3rd party> Studiopress Theme or not.

As I do not like to mess with code my considerations are related to:
    - ‘required knowledge HTML yes/no’

Another criteria I will take into account for the next time I’ll buy a Theme is: email support provided by 3rd party: yes/no

Any chance? Or may I look some other place for reviews / ratings?

AC
    Blocked

Well, there isn’t any one place that provides reviews and ratings. I think Studiopress might have done that on purpose. It’s hard to measure “what is good” for everyone. What I might consider to be an excellent theme and easy to work with, another person may think it’s terrible and not user-friendly. A broad range of people purchase themes – noobie bloggers, people transitioning or migrating from blogger to WordPress, or from Thesis to Genesis Framework, new developers, intermediate developers, etc., etc. So given that – you would get a varying sample of reviews and ratings – that might make your decision even harder.

The third-party theme developers that are promoted through Studiopress – all of them provide support for their own themes on their websites. You can visit their websites and put in a support ticket or ask for customized service. I’ve been working with Studiopress themes and third party themes for over three years now. I only had an issue with 1 third party developer and they are not promoted on Studiopress.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  AC.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  AC.

Susan

Another criteria I will take into account for the next time I’ll buy a Theme is: email support provided by 3rd party: yes/no

You could consider putting in a pre-sales ticket with a theme developer whose theme you are thinking of purchasing, to ask your questions before you make a purchase.

I’m a little biased: I provide theme support for one of the third party developers, and we encourage pre-sales questions :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.