Swapping header-right via functions.php

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Swapping header-right via functions.php

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kzipp
    Participant

I am looking to swap my header-right widget based on a user status(Cookie). Basically it would display a login button if Cookie is not set or extra features if it is.

I thought I was onto something, and but I am not having luck getting the widget to take place of the header-right widget.

I have something like:
    if(!isset($_COOKIE['isuser'])){
    unregister_sidebar( ‘header-right’ );
    register_sidebar( ‘not-logged-in’ );
    }else{

}

I know I can do this with a display:none, but i’d like these other options not to be displayed in the code for non-logged in users.

Peter
    Participant

It sounds like you are essentially wanting to change what is displayed in the sidebar? If so, I’m not sure unregistering and registering sidebars is the best approach. It might be easier to leave the sidebar in place and just change what is displayed in it.

Also, if you need to know if a visitor is logged in, the is_user_logged_in() function will probably do the job more reliably than checking for cookies.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.