Switch from thesis to genesis , lose G rankings?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Switch from thesis to genesis , lose G rankings?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kage65 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kage65

I just read that if you get a site established in google with one wordpress framework, lets say thesis, and then change to another one maybe a few years down the road, let’s say genesis, that you could lose all your traffic from google ( if you have any) However this post was several years old.

truth to this? Thanks.

justcurious

I have switched theme frameworks several times and seen no such problems. You need to be sure your SEO settings are whatever they should be — I suppose if you had your SEO settings done properly in one framework (or SEO plugin) and then lost those settings in another, you could have a problem. You could also have a problem if you set your blog up in such a way as to prevent Google from finding your content easily, but if anything, you’d have to go out of your way to mess that up in either Thesis or Genesis.

kage65

Ok thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.