Switch Horizontal Primary Menu to Vertical

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Switch Horizontal Primary Menu to Vertical

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pessacake 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pessacake
    Participant

Hello,Last year I had my site done by a group that used Genesis/Legacy as a basis to design a theme. Unfortunately they disabled a lot of the easy features for accessibility. I am wondering where and what I should be looking for to adjust primary menu to display “Vertically” rather then “Horizontally.”

http://metcalfinstitute.org/

#nav #menu-primary-menu li.current-menu-item a { background-color: #07455c; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li.current_page_parent a { background-color: #07455c; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li a { text-decoration: none; color: #fff; padding: 7px 25px; cursor: pointer; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li:Hover { z-index: 1; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li a:Hover { background-color: #07455c; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li.sfHover a { background-color: #07455c; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li ul { position: absolute; top: 27px; left: 0; background-color: #016e85; width: 300px; padding: 0; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li li li { text-align: center; display: inline-block; float: left; margin: 1px 0 0 0; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li ul li a { padding: 7px; display: inline-block; background-color: #016e85; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li.sfHover ul li a { padding: 7px; display: inline-block; background-color: #016e85; }
    #nav #menu-primary-menu li ul li a:Hover { background-color: #07455c; cursor: pointer; }

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  pessacake.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  pessacake.
    http://metcalfinstitute.org/

anitac
    Participant

Legacy has always had a “horizontal” menu. There isn’t anything in the navigation that is was disabled. What are you trying to achieve? The Legacy theme was developed by Wes at Appfinite. The Legacy theme has it’s own support forum located here – http://appfinite.com/forum/legacy-theme-support/. I would suggest you post theme specific questions there. He’s really good about responding to questions.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

pessacake
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I’m trying to achieve a vertical drop down, rather then horizontal. So when you hover over the menu item, it opens options vertically stacked, rather then horizontally. I’ll post with Wes as well. I was under the impression it was based in genesis rather then the child theme.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.