Switch to AgentPress from Woo Estate Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Switch to AgentPress from Woo Estate Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Helen
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone has made this switch from using the Woo Estate theme to the StudioPress AgentPress theme and if there is a way to NOT reenter all property information.  The Estate theme uses a custom post type called properties.  Thank you in advance for any experience or tips in doing this….

https://sitecontrol-sp.gate.com

AC
    Blocked

I haven’t seen anyone on here discussing the, I don’t think there would be a way to map them. What you could do is maybe this – set up a dummy WordPress site, install Genesis and Agentpress and configure the Agentpress settings just like you have in Woo Estate, i.e., for sale, for rent, sold and number of bedrooms, bath rooms, etc., etc. – make them the same. Then export your Woo Estate and import it in to the dummy site.

Helen
    Participant

Hi, Just a follow-up, for anyone reading this, I started this thread —– I ended up using my test WordPress site to try things out, I ended up using the Convert Post Types plugin, in the Woo Estate theme, all properties were set up with custom post types of ‘Properties’, in Agentpress, it’s ‘Listings’, so what I did was, before switching themes,  first convert all the Properties to Posts, then I switched themes, and converted all the Posts (actually not all posts, but had all property posts under one particular user….) to the AgentPress listings…. This is the simplified step by step; There were numerous other things to do…..  Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation or I would be happy to help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.