Switching to 1st Genesis Child Theme~ Tips before making the switch?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Switching to 1st Genesis Child Theme~ Tips before making the switch?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  buggyandbuddy 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

buggyandbuddy
    Participant

I just purchased my first child theme, Craftiness. Currently I use Atahualpa. I activated my new theme just to see what I have ahead of me in terms of getting it ready. It’s all a jumbled mess with ads on top of photos and posts etc. Is that normal? Is there some trick or tip of things to do before activating a new theme~ like removing all widgets or deactivating plugins? Would love to figure this out on my own rather than hire someone. Thank you!

http://buggyandbuddy.com

braddalton
    Participant

Its normal. You’ll find the widgets may move around so you’ll need to re populate them. This happens with any theme.

You could install WordPress locally and import your content with the new theme activated to test it out first.

Doubt you’ll have any real problems.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

buggyandbuddy
    Participant

Thanks, Brad. I’ll give it a shot tonight!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Switching to 1st Genesis Child Theme~ Tips before making the switch?’ is closed to new replies.