Tabbed Menus in Education Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Tabbed Menus in Education Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bwboykin 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

avhslibrary
    Participant

I am working with the education theme. My main menu is working fine but I would like the effect as seen in the education theme where the menu seems tabbed. I’ve looked at the instructions/other forum discussions for the theme but don’t see how to do this.

My site is: amadorvalleyhs.org

Thanks,

Erik

bwboykin
    Participant

Erik,

As best I can recall in the Education demo the menu is sitting in a widget in the header in top right and on a very light colored background.

In all likelihood you’d need to set your navigation on a different colored background and set a border-radius to it in order to achieve the rounded look and then on the a:hover provide a different background color other than the one used on the ul. That will help differentate/set apart the nav from that purple background it currently sits on.

What helps achieve this on the actual demo is that the bottom of the navigation sits on a transition in color which helps form the bottom of the navigation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.