Taking up the challenge

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Taking up the challenge

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 36 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  salvatore 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Anita
    Participant

Wow, @MoodyRiviera… out of all the people on here, I got singled out. I hope that was meant to be a compliment and not an insult of some sort. I don’t have a lot of technical skills and haven’t taken classes. I’ve just used SP for so long now that I’ve learned a lot and only share what I’ve learned.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

MoodyRiviera
    Participant

Wow back you @anitac…that was meant as a true compliment, indeed. During my travels around the forums here I’ve noticed a few people who seem to come up with answers all the time…day and night…weekends…all the time…and answers that (at least to me) seem to make a lot of sense…and you are one of those who definitely stand out. Definitely.

Anita
    Participant

Thank you! That means a lot and I appreciate the compliment. I just know that people helped me along the way and some people need a little more hand holding that others.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

MoodyRiviera
    Participant

Yeah, well…I definitely need *that*…the handholding, I mean.

Pinky
    Participant

Point well taken!

I spent the day answering questions instead of building the sites that I should be lol… have to say tho – I’ve actually learnt quite a bit by researching answers for people… so all in all a great day!

It’s quite surprising once you start answering questions how much you already know… give it a try – you might just surprise yourself!

cheers

Pinky

Susan

@pinky – I have learnt so much in the past couple of months just from answering questions posted by other users. :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Pinky
    Participant

yeah Susan it was actually quite an enjoyable day, learning new stuff! I’ve got all sorts of new css tricks up my sleeve now!

Plus remembering back to when I started and knew less than nothing – so it’s humbling too!

cheers

Pinky

Pinky
    Participant

… lol tho I’m not too keen to answer all the “Watch the football on the internet” spam posts on here atm… where’s the report button on posts or users?

cheers

Pinky

Susan

Pinky – I’ve been getting rid of spam all morning – it’s been a full-time job for the past couple of days!

The StudioPress staff are investigating why the spam filter is not picking up the spam, and are working on a solution.

bandj
    Participant

Good thread Susan.

I’ve asked questions on the old forums since 2009 when I first started using SP. Didn’t answer questions much because I felt there are moderators that know a lot more than I do and they can answer better. But this forum gives us a chance to give back.

As time goes by most people don’t realize how much they’ve learned, how much they know now and this forum lets them realize how far they’ve come, so I think it’s good.

Bill

wp guy
    Participant

My two cents:

I find this forum amazing. It’s not often you can buy a product and get free advice on how to customize it. Buying any WP framework implies that you have some level of working knowledge of PHP and CSS. If not…fine – there are detailed set-up instructions that come with the purchase of any theme.

I’m learning as I go and there’s no better tutorial out there than spending some time here and reading the answers to questions. I think I’ve learned more about styling here in a few weeks I’ve been on this board than over the past year.

So I get back to my amazement here that people are willing to dedicate their time, for free, to help people customize their themes. All other forum issues are mute.

I set up themes for a living and am currently learning to customize them. I now ONLY work with Genesis and StudioPress themes. Go ahead and hit a snag or need advice with other theme developers (not to be named, not here to bash) and good luck.

digitgirl2
    Participant

Even though I ask questions, I often see ones I can answer or have read them in other posts that I can offer up. So I will take the challenge!! :) I’m still fairly new but I pick up quick.

http://www.CPRMedia.net | WordPress Design

Susan

Welcome to the challenge!

sangfroidweb
    Participant

We are on the challenge bandwagon! :D

Liz and Eddy

Liz or Eddy @SangFroid Web — Customizing StudioPress themes at http://www.wpstudioworks.com and building custom Genesis Child themes for businesses at http://www.sangfroidwebdesign.com :)

RobG
    Participant

Hello everyone I think it’s great to have everyone chip in and lend a helping hand to one another.
    I have been around for a while in the old forums and tryed to help out when I could.

I will try to spend more time in these new forums because I truly love what StudioPress has done for us giving us the abilty to create some dynamic website and providing us with the tools to advance our skills a long the way.

With some much information floating around you can always find an answer or at least point them in the right direction.

I would also like to thank Anitac and Susan for an outstanding job helping out it is much appreciate and not over looked.

These day I focus more on the products from StudioPress and the Genesis framework, a long with WordPress setups and customations. Helping out within these forums will also give me the knowledge I need to move forward.

Thank you for being such a great group of pleople that shares what you have learned..Lets all make StudioPress one of the best services around.

To speed up the process please post the link to the website in question.

We recommend using Firebug to view source codes http://getfirebug.com/

RobGoss WordPress Developer
    We build WordPress websites for your business or personal goals
    http://www.robgoss.com / Follow me Twitter / https://twitter.com/robgoss

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  RobG.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.