Taking up the challenge

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Taking up the challenge

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 36 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  salvatore 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Susan

Welcome to the challenge, @RobG & @sangfroidweb – it’s always great to see more people getting involved in providing support!

I’ve been a little bit absent from the board in recent weeks (I hate it when obligations get in the way!), but I continue to provide assistance as time allows, so the more people we have who give even just a little of their time, the easier it will be to stay on top around here.

With the upcoming introduction of Genesis 2.0, I think they’ll be a surge of new users around here!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

RobG
    Participant

Hello Susan it’s my pleasure to be a part of one amazing team of people the time I spend holping is well worth it. I know how it is when we have to atend to our personal obligations. I’m looking forward to being a part of the team.

have a wonderful day Susan.

To speed up the process please post the link to the website in question.

We recommend using Firebug to view source codes http://getfirebug.com/

RobGoss WordPress Developer
    We build WordPress websites for your business or personal goals
    http://www.robgoss.com / Follow me Twitter / https://twitter.com/robgoss

David Chu
    Participant

Hi All,
    Very interesting stuff. I’ve been answering questions for quite awhile now. I enjoy helping people.

I’d like to offer a different angle on this. If an economist were involved in this conversation, they would most likely bring up incentives. People need incentives to do things.

Getting volunteers to do things is always tricky. In my community, I’ve done some volunteer work, and I can think of a couple cases where the head of the volunteer organization would browbeat people to try to get them to do his bidding. Remarkable, and they would lose people frequently, including me. There wasn’t even a pay incentive to get people to stay; that’s how tyrants keep staff in a bad economy.

Though I’ve done hundreds of posts and answers here, if a questioner is rude, I won’t touch it. Since I’m not getting paid, that’s a price I charge for my help – simple courtesy.

Asking people to give back to their community is certainly a viable thing to do, and it’s the norm in volunteer scenarios. But it’s what an economist would call a weak incentive. I wonder if stronger incentives may be interesting and fun? Many sites and organizations offer prizes and bounties. If that’s been done at Studiopress, I’ve never seen it. It could be fun, and as far as I know, some people actually enjoy fun.

Then again, I suppose that this might require some work to set up, and there may not be enough hands on deck to handle what they already have going. :-)

But it’s a thought, anyway.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Robin
    Participant

I’ve benefited greatly by the answers/advise of many of the moderators and members of the SP forums and would like to help others by taking up the Challenge.

I’m not a formally trained coder, but have managed to learn a lot around here. :)

I’ll do my best to help when I can.

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

JenORoss
    Participant

I will take you up on the challenge too! I learned SOOO much through the old forums and I really value this as a place to learn and share our knowledge. I hope this community grows into the same sort of knowledge-base like the old forums. If I see a question that I know I can answer, I will certainly do so!

I’m taking up The Challenge! ~ Help me answer some of the Unanswered Posts.

salvatore
    Participant

Hi anitac and everyone i am facing some problems when trying to integrate the facebook like page on my backcountry theme.
    I go on this page https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/ i write the address page and copy paste the code and it works, the only problem is that I can see the facebook like box on safari but when i open mozilla or google chrome I cannot see it anymore. I would like to know how come it is giving me this kind of problem, as far as I am concerned it should work on each and every one!.

http://www.vadoamalta.com

salvatore
    Participant

sorry but my website for now is under construction if you need to verify it contact me back and I will make it online for you
    my twitter is @salvolatin!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.