Taxonomy Archive Pages

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Taxonomy Archive Pages

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mcm

Hi

I am new to Genesis framework but enjoying it.

I really need help on something I have tried to find the answers for but still stuck.

Our website uses custom posts and custom taxonomies.

We have audio (cpt’s) and video, these posts do not have any wording in it or a few lines if any.

We use ctax to allow users to filter the posts.

e.g. Speaker A for Audios.

However, using Genesis how is the following possible.

1) We do not want the featured image to display on these ctax archives but kept for the blog

2) We only want a LISTING of the post titles (must be smaller also than the default size)

3) Is it possible to display the post titles in a grid like format, e.g. post titles in a row of three columns.

PLEASE if anybody can direct me on how to even get started I would appreciate it.

I managed to figure out how to add code to the archive loop before it begins, but to actually achieve the above seems out of my knowledge base.

No URL as I am testing locally first.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Are you using Genesis 2.0 or higher? If so, it’s actually not as difficult to add CPT archives as it was before. Here is a tutorial that explains it in more detail: http://www.carriedils.com/genesis-2-0-archive-settings-custom-post-types/

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

mcm

Hi

Yes I am using the latest Genesis version. I just bought it recently.

My Custom Post Types are working but I would like to change the way it displays, at the moment it looks like blog entries but I would like to ONLY display titles which should be smaller in size.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Okay, this post may be more useful to you. It explains how to create a grid archive template for custom post types. You could alter it to exclude the featured image. You should be able to change the size of the titles with CSS, though it’s difficult to tell you exactly what to change since the site isn’t live.

http://surefirewebservices.com/development/genesis-framework/genesis-grid-style-page-template-with-custom-post-type

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.