Testimonials like on StudioPress.com

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Testimonials like on StudioPress.com

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bamajr 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Peter.Ingersoll
    Participant

Hello,

Does anyone know if the code for the testimonials section on studiopress.com (or something similar) is available anywhere?

Thanks for any advice!

- Peter

http://www.studiopress.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    That’s a whole mess of custom code, I don’t think you’ll see that anywhere as an instant plugin. It uses CSS3 opacity and transition for hovers, and it looks like some movement via jQuery, like a significantly modified slider. So unless you have significant development chops, geek required.

Here are some testimonial items to look at, although truthfully, they won’t look like this.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=testimonials

Good luck,
    Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Peter.Ingersoll
    Participant

Thanks, Dave!

Yep – that’s what I figured. It really is a specialized super-slider. I can often reverse-engineer to a point, but this is a bit daunting for the time I have available for it.

Maybe the good people at StudioPress will consider releasing it in some form…

- Peter

David Chu
    Participant

Peter,
    Sounds good. Your thought is intriguing, and sometime when I’m not too busy I might play with that concept, something fun for a rainy day.

Sliders, while tons of cute fun, are already getting tired, as everyone has them, even if it’s not really appropriate for their site or site context. Especially when they have really terrible quality photos. :-) A nice variation that isn’t quite so massive is probably a good thing.

Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

mohsin
    Participant

Hi,

Many users who we convince to go with GENESIS instead of non-genesis WP, they look at homepage of studiopress and Instantly want that testimonials feature. LOL

Can we request to studiopress team to please release the plugin if possible..
    If it is released as Genesis only plugin for the genesis community that will be great :)

Thank you

Peter.Ingersoll
    Participant

Hello,

Yes, StudioPress. Please create a testimonials plugin for your faithful customers.

- Peter

bamajr
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.