Testimonials Like StudioPress's Website

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Testimonials Like StudioPress's Website

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pressaholic

Hello everyone. I just purchased Genesis and I’m looking forward to getting started with it. I have a question about the testimonials that are displayed on the StudioPress home page. I’d like to do something similar with my own testimonials but I’m not a JavaScript person (starting to learn jQuery but still at the basics). I was wondering if someone may be able to point me in a good direction for achieving something like this. Thanks in advance!

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    They never released that publicly, but here’s a way to get essentially the same thing. It does take some work.

http://sridharkatakam.com/staff-grid-genesis-clickable-featured-images-opening-excerpts-lightbox-popup/

Enjoy the framework!
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

pressaholic

Hi David. Thanks for the info. I’ve got the testimonials CPT down and have worked out most of my styling but now I’m just trying to figure out the best way to go about displaying the actual testimonial field. I really like how Genesis (Headway Themes does it nice too) displays the testimonial, name, and link in separate containers on the same page. I can probably configure the HTML/PHP and CSS for the layout and design but my problem is getting them to “rotate”. I know it’s going to take some JS but, again, that’s not my area of expertise by any means. I’ll probably hire a JS developer to implement it for me but I wanted to see if there were any good tutorials out there that anyone may know about.

David Chu
    Participant

Indeed. Yes, I’d probably consider that type of task a paid job and just bang it out. But who knows, maybe there’s a free tut around like that somebody knows of.

Good luck!
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.