The best way to create a table that works with shortcodes?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks The best way to create a table that works with shortcodes?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hich 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hich
    Participant

Hi,

Maybe you know a good plugin or easy way to create a custom table in a page; I need to create a listing with downloaded products using shortcodes. I’m using Premise with genesis child theme Epik and all I need to do is to find a way to display products in a page with Premise shortcodes in a table.

Do you recommend me to create the table in Html or shall I create a custom page template?
    I have no skills in php. I’m skilled in CSS and Html.

Appreciate your feedback,

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I get requests like this frequently from clients, and I will set up shortcodes accordingly. I’m actually running Epik on my own homepage. But neither Epik nor Premise have built-in shortcodes for that particular purpose, as far as I know.

Short of hiring someone to help you, you could try this plugin – it makes HTML tables (normally nasty) to work in a pleasing manner.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/tablepress/

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

hich
    Participant

Thanks TablePress works perfectly!

David Chu
    Participant

Great!
    As a CSS guy, of course I reflexively hate tables, :) But Tobias is a killer developer and super nice guy. He did the impossible, he almost made me like tables again!

If you’re able, donate him a little money as I did!

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

hich
    Participant

When everything is set up and running, I will certainly donate him money! This plugin should be a paid plugin! Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.