The right way to have a backlinks

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks The right way to have a backlinks

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gordy 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gordy
    Participant

Hi All,

I would really appreciate it a lot if someone could kindly tell me the right way to have a backlink to my website.

Let say a good and similar website that has same niche with what I provide on my website want to link to my website, where does the other website need to place my link on their website?

OR how does the linking back works and the steps?

Thanks in advance.

nutsandbolts

Backlinks are important but I wouldn’t worry too much about the specifics. It doesn’t matter where someone places a link to your site; it can be in one of their blog posts, in a blogroll, or anywhere they choose. Anytime you link to content outside your site, you are providing a backlink to the site you link to. Hopefully that makes sense.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Gordy
    Participant

Thanks. Your answer is very helpful.

Since you said “It doesn’t matter where someone places a link to your site”

Does it has same potent if I design a website for some and I place at the footer of that website “design by name of my website with a hyperlink to my site” ?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Gordy.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Gordy.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.