the size of function.php file and performance

Community Forums Forums General Discussion the size of function.php file and performance

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kriskl 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kriskl
    Participant

Hi,

does the size and of course the number (and complexity) of the functions/actions in the child theme functions.php file affect much the performance?
    Just wondering, since it seems like this is the correct way to customise genesis child themes.

so I wonder about the server performance..

thanks
    kris

Aaron Eaton
    Participant

The size of a PHP file doesn’t have nearly the effect on execution time as the quality of the code contained within. Plus, once you get over a couple of hundred lines, you should think about breaking it up with includes or some code design pattern.

It’s a bit difficult to provide some good suggestions without examples. If you’d like to provide some specific code blocks, we’d be happy to take a look.

J. Aaron Eaton – WordPress Consultant
    Website

kriskl
    Participant

Thanks Aaron for responding.

it was just a general question,
    but your answer does clear some worries :) when I finally get around to customise a lot the theme using functions.php.. I may post the code here for inspection.

thanks a lot
    Kris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.