Theme Options by Role

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Theme Options by Role

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alexshenkar 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alexshenkar
    Participant

I’m using the Metro theme on my subdomain multisite. The community members are able to register their own child site and have a specific role assigned to them that I’ve created with the Role Editor plugin.

I’d like for my users to have some control over the theme options, but not all of them. How would I be able to limit the option they can modify in the Metro theme?

I would like for them to be able to change the background, header, and the color option, but not things like breadcrumbs, SEO settings, and etc.

Is there anyway to modify the theme – a plugin – or any other means that will allow me to have a granular control over what the child-site admins can modify about the theme?

Thanks!

-Alexander

asdweb
    Participant

Have you tried posting in a WordPress forum or do a search over at WordPress? This isn’t specifically a Genesis question.

Amy Susan Design.com @AmySusanDesign

alexshenkar
    Participant

Hi Amy – I’ll try that next. I though there might be a Genesis way of disabling users to see some of the users from seeing the particular Genesis settings based on their user role.

I was also looking at this OptionTree plugin. If I could disable the Genesis menu altogether and create my own theme customization options using this OptionTree plugin, then that would also be a viable solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.