Theme Suggestion?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Theme Suggestion?

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Murray 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

moxiegirl
    Participant

I used Prose to create this http://www.demo3.spark-collaborative.com/

I also need to incorporate a store, but I found out that WooCommerce/ Genesis connect etc. is not ideal and dances in touching the PHP becuase of Prose’s structure. Cart 66 doesn’t give me the visual layout I am wanting.

I need a home page with a slider and a place for three footers like Prose to mimic the front page I created. The only other 2 layouts I would need are a full width and a two column (content/sidebar). If this theme could work with woo commerce, that would be bueno too.

What StudioPress themes would you recommend?

Bill Murray
    Participant

We have WooCommerce and Cart66 on our network. (We offer managed WP hosting.)

Among the themes we offer, Clip Cart works with both of those e-commerce solutions. Our demo is running Cart66 at the moment.

It comes pretty close to what you described.

Web: http://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

moxiegirl
    Participant

Thanks Bill, I saw the Clip Cart and like it. However, I was actually wondering if there were any StudioPress Themes (from the Pro Pack) that would be good. I have purchased the Pro Pack and wished to use something that came with that. Any suggestions?

Bill Murray
    Participant

Even if your requirements aren’t met by a particular theme, they’re pretty easy modifications. Adding or removing layouts are accomplished by single lines of code. The same is true for setting footer widgets.

To my mind, there isn’t a perfect fit out of the box that requires no modification. The right choice comes down to which mods you are more comfortable making. For example, Minimum has a full width area that can be widgetized. It can be made 2 column. You can see that in our modified Minimum demo. It’s a good base for what you might want. Agency also would work and will require more work on CSS and less work on widget areas.

For any of the themes, you’ll have to consider adding widget areas, changing image sizes, creating some page templates, and re-doing some of the CSS to get what you want.

I would set my priorities as 1) choosing a theme that’s mobile responsive (because that saves you some work making it responsive) and 2) choosing a theme that has widget areas that most closely fits your needs. If you cover those 2 areas, the modifications beyond those should be less work.

Web: http://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.