Theme Test Drive Help

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Theme Test Drive Help

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ray-zin 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Scarlet
    Participant

Hello,

I need a bit of help. I installed the Theme Test Drive plugin in WordPress and have configured my site to my liking using Genesis. I have the lifestyle theme installed. So right now my site is running on the Thesis theme. I used Theme Test Drive to get my site how I like it before I make it go live. I would like to know how to make my site go live with the new changes I’ve made. I tried going to the themes area and activating my Lifestyle theme but something funky happened. I refreshed my site and everything was out of order. My site looked nothing like how I made it look while using Theme Test Drive. Somehow I got it back looking normal. But now I’m afraid to do anything. Right now Theme Test Drive is enabled and only I can see the changes that I’ve made. My readers still see my Thesis format. What do I do? How can I get my site to look the way I made it look when using Theme Test Drive?

Thanks,

Scarlet

SoZo

You should contact the developers of the plugin

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

ray-zin
    Participant

Hi Scarlet, Did you get this resolved? – I’m looking at doing the same thing but I don’t want to go through all the trouble of customizing a new theme if the go-live functionality doesn’t work ;-)

Scarlet
    Participant

Hi ray-zin,

I did get it resolved. After playing around with it for a while I figured it out. Since then Genesis has upgraded. Just go to “Appearance” and then “Theme Test Drive” and click the theme you want to test from the drop down menu. You have to have “Theme Test Drive” installed though. Once you do that you are able to make changes without your readers seeing it live. It works. Hope this helps.

ray-zin
    Participant

Awsome! thanks, I’ll give it a go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.