themes.googleusercontent.com ? Slow performance

Community Forums Forums General Discussion themes.googleusercontent.com ? Slow performance

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  songdogtech 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bigbyte
    Participant

I am running performance tests against my website and one of the slow loading items is stuff coming from “themes.googleusercontent.com”. I am using the 16 to Nine theme. Is this something that comes from the Studiopress theme or how can I tell where this request is coming from (Plugin maybe)?

http://colorunner.com

songdogtech
    Participant

Googling “themes.googleusercontent.com” shows that it’s a CDN for webfonts that the theme is using. That means Google is slow for some reason.

Disable W3TC and the CDN you’re using see if that makes a difference. W3TC may be trying to cache it or your own CDN may be conflicting.

Use developer tools in your browser to see exactly what is loading and what is timing out, after you disable the cache and CDN.

Use Firebug with Firefox, or use the developer tools in Chrome or Safari or IE.

I’m on WordPress Answers (Stack Exchange) and WordPress.org Support Forums and check my consulting and portfolio site at markkratledge.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.