this reply is marked as private?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks this reply is marked as private?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

swarmcatcher
    Participant

I’m new to the forum and am under pressure to understand genesis and child themes as quickly as possible, can i ask why posts are hidden and replaced with “this reply is marked as private?”

It seems people ask interesting questions, someone presumably answers them and moderator removes answer.

I’m asking this out of frustration as being a complete beginner to CSS PHP or any other coding I had purchased genesis thinking it was going to answer all my problems, I can see I need to do a load more work to understand how to code genesis and figured purchasing all the themes and playing with them would be the answer, but this had been based on being able to use this forum to help me along, – is this a good way to go or will everything be marked as private?

If anyone has some good hints on how to go about learning CSS and php quickly i’d be real grateful to hear about them.

http://www.valepestcontrol.co.uk

Susan

@swarmcatcher – the only time a moderator will remove an answer is if it is spam.

Threads which do not follow the forum rules will be closed also, but it’s usually left up to a keymaster to make that determination, rather than a moderator.

I marked threads private today, because I was merely following up with people to see if they got their issues resolved.. That was my mistake – my future replies will not be private (unless someone is breaking the forum rules!)

So, feel free to ask away to get your questions answered; we have some great people who help around here; just remember that this is volunteer-run, so answers are not guaranteed!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by  Susan.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by  Susan.

swarmcatcher
    Participant

Just typical isn’t it, me opening my mouth before thinking.
    It just seemed every post that i thought might be interesting and went to look at was private, though as i moved back thru the forum less so.

Thanks for the insight Susan, does it mean some of those posts will be worth going back to in time?

Susan

What often happens is that when someone posts a question, and a long time passes, they don’t bother to respond when I follow up; but, sometimes they will come back and say they are still looking for an answer. If I don’t have the answer, I will reach out to my network on Twitter, and can usually get someone to come over and take a look.

What I recommend, though, is that if you have specific questions, go ahead and post them, and we’d be happy to help out!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.