Thread Prefix's

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

snakeair
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s possible with this forum software but ever consider adding thread prefix’s to the titles.

Examples: [Pre-Sales]

[Coding Support]

[News Theme] (Maybe prefix for all support themes so both the community members and moderators will  have general idea what information they may need to pull up to answer the thread..etc

On the forum I super moderate on, certain section we have thread prefix’s required in order to create the thread in certain categories. (Note, each prefix is a different color to stand out) It not only organize’s the thread it makes it easier for the thread creator to get an response that is helpful to him or her much faster as people skin through the section. I’m super tired right now but tossing out something that might have some use somewhere on here to organize threads.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Pre sales should go through the help desk.

Theme specific support should also go through the help desk.

We are not trying to replicate the old forum structure here in the new forums.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

snakeair
    Participant

Ok no problem. :)

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

in addition to this, you should tag your thread with this type of information. Tags are more flexible and potentially much more useful for organization and searching.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.