Three widgets in a row

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Three widgets in a row

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

neilc
    Participant

I’m messing around making my own child theme and was wondering how one gets 3 widgets in a horzontal row. E.g. like in Executive themes, you can add 3 post or page widgets to Home Top and they sit in a row.

braddalton
    Participant

Copy the php from the Executive home.php file and add that to your child themes template.

You’ll then need to copy the css as well and change the values if your theme is a different width.

The php generates the css classes which you can use to find the code in the child themes style.css file.

It can be a fair bit of work to get it right which is why its b est to test locally.

An easier way is to use content columns http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/content-column-classes/

neilc
    Participant

The columns thing is very straight forward for static content, which is great. Is it possible to though to use it to produce 3 columns with post data in them?

braddalton
    Participant

Hi neilc

What sought of post data?

neilc
    Participant

Hi Brad

I’m doing a recruitment website so might be nice to show say 3 posts in a row in a nice format with those posts being Jobs – I’ll use custom post types for those.

Thanks for you help so far mate.

braddalton
    Participant

I wrote about how to do this recently however it will be different for different themes and there are different methods.

home.php versus functions.php

Let me know when you nail it as i’d like to see the result. Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.