Thumbnails not showing for syndicated posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Thumbnails not showing for syndicated posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  McGuive7 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

McGuive7
    Participant

Hi there,

We’re using the FeedWordPress plugin to syndicate posts from an outside WP blog into our current site that’s running Genesis. The external posts don’t have featured images set, but they do have images in the content. On the blog page (Template: Blog) of our local site, the imported posts are being displayed (title, excerpt) but without any thumbnails.

If I’m not mistaken, Genesis should spit out the featured image, and if that doesn’t exist, then the first image in the post content, right? What’s weirder still is that if I manually add an image to the imported post, it still won’t show up on the blog page.

I’ve read a bit about needing to copy the imported posts’ images locally (“cache” them), and can’t seem to find this option with FeedWordPress. Why wouldn’t my manually inserted images work though?

Anyhow, here are my questions:

Any idea how to make this work?
    If it can’t be done with FeedWordPress, what other feed plugin do you recommend?

Thanks!

SoZo

Does feedburner actually import the content into your DB? The images need to be uploaded to the media library in order for WordPress to create the images.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

McGuive7
    Participant

Right, that seems to be the problem. Turns out there’s an add-on for FeedWordPress that can do this, but it seems silly to combine two plugins to do the job of one. Any good experiences with other feed plugins that DO import media content into the library?

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.