Tips for Designing a Website Banner

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Tips for Designing a Website Banner

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

WiggleChicken
    Participant

I’m using the eleven40 theme and have just started working on the banner.

Something I know little about is designing the top portion of my website so that it looks great on different devices. The theme lets me easily drop in my website’s name in a title badge at the top left. But I may choose to just use the page title widgetized area for my banner instead.

Are there any tips or things I need to be aware of when designing the banner? I read all the time about people having problems with this. They get it working great on their computer, but things get wonky when viewed via a mobile device. Some people advice designing different sized banners so that resizing them doesn’t create a problem.

I can’t get more specific than this yet (people usually only post for support when they’ve encountered a problem), but I’m hoping some tips can be offered to help guide me while working on my banner.

Thanks!!

braddalton
    Participant

Try using Paint.net

You can find some really cool background images to start with

You can then layer some icons using icon finder and custom fonts

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.