Tips for getting Backup Buddy to work?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Tips for getting Backup Buddy to work?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jenniferpinkley
    Participant

I researched a plugin that would automatically backup my sites and send the updates to a remote location. I read a few reviews of Backup Buddy here and decided to get that plugin (I bought one with 10 licenses). It doesn’t work. I can manually backup my database, but when I tried to set it up for automatic backups via Amazon Web Service, I get the following error:

Missing one or more required fields. <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreeach() in <b>/home/dirname/public_html/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/controllers/ajax.php</b> on line <b>513</b><br />

So I decided to set up an FTP directory on a server. That doesn’t work either. I get the following error:

<br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/home/content/74/9236374/html/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/destinations/ftp/init.php</b> on line <b>278</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  rewind() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/home/content/74/9236374/html/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/destinations/ftp/init.php</b> on line <b>279</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/home/content/74/9236374/html/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/destinations/ftp/init.php</b> on line <b>281</b><br />
    Test failed.

Failure uploading. Check path & permissions.<br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/content/74/9236374/html/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/controllers/ajax.php</b> on line <b>513</b><br />

Has anyone seen errors like this with Backup Buddy? I’ve asked this same question on the iThemes support forum and the people there have not provided any solution. I thought I’d just try here.

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using BackupBuddy with no issues. I’m wondering if there might be a conflict with another plugin? You might try disabling all plugins (except BackupBuddy) and re-activate one at a time to see if you can locate the offending plugin.

Also, are you running the latest versions of WP, your theme, etc?

Those are the trouble-shooting steps I’d start with. Other than that, I’d try being persistent with the iThemes folks – they’re really the best option for support. :)

Cheers,

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.