Title and description tags

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Title and description tags

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ted
    Participant

Can someone please advice me as to where I can enter the text details for the title tag and description tag which will appear in the search results for the homepage? I am using the lifestyle theme.

I inserted the information into the “Site Title” but when I look at the source code, it still shows as such “<title></title>”, without any title tags.

braddalton
    Participant

Can you link to your site please.

Are you using the Genesis SEO settings or a SEO plugin?

Ted
    Participant

My site is http://www.quantummarketer.com, I don’t believe I use any type of seo plugin. I just installed the genesis framework and used the lifestyle theme, that’s it.

braddalton
    Participant

Go to Genesis > SEO settings > Home Page Settings > Homepage Document Title: Enter Your Home Page Title Here

and also enter a description Home Meta Description:

If you leave the document title field blank, your site’s title will be used instead. under Settings > General

Ted
    Participant

There’s no “SEO settings” under “Genesis”. I can only see Theme Settings, Import/Export, Readme, Simple Edits (which I just installed), and nothign else.

Please advice.

braddalton
    Participant

You must have a SEO plugin installed which has deactivated it then,

I suggest you add your title and description under Settings > General. It will have exactly the same effect.

Ted
    Participant

Ok, can I presume that Site Title is for the title tag and Tagline is the desciption tag?

braddalton
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.