Title for home page that does NOT display on page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Title for home page that does NOT display on page?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  schoolvolunteer 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

schoolvolunteer
    Participant

In the Education child theme, any site title or tagline entered under Settings > General appears as large text on the home page, overwriting the school logo.

On regular pages it’s simple enough to enter titles and seo tags, but can anyone point me toward how to set a home page title, description etc. without splaying it across the screen?

Many thanks!

Susan

Can you please provide a link to your site. Someone else had a similar issue here:

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/header-text-wont-go-away/

I don’t want to suggest you remove/rename any images without looking at your site, but it might help you identify where the issue is.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

schoolvolunteer
    Participant

Thank you, but this isn’t a custom header issue — it’s a standard feature of the Education child theme.

The home page title, as seen in the browser bar, search engine results, etc., is entered as a site title/tagline under Settings > General > Site Title/Tagline. But whatever you type also shows up in the upper left hand corner of the home page, as if it were a school logo. In the demo, it says “EDUCATION A Mobile Responsive Theme for Your Institution”:

http://demo.studiopress.com/education/

I don’t want to display the title text onscreen, but I obviously do need a title (and description tags, etc.) for my school home page! Is there any other place to set the home page title?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.