Title Overlay on Featured Images

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Title Overlay on Featured Images

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anita
    Participant

I have a client that wants the “News Theme” but wants the Title of the Post overlaid on the Featured Image instead of above, beside or below the image. I found this and wanted to try to use but it’s too complicated for me. I don’t understand a lot of it and it’s not Genesis specific. Can someone give me some starting point to possibly do this so I can sell my client on Studiopress and not Themeforest? I haven’t instructed him to buy the News Theme because of this.

http://wplift.com/how-add-text-featured-images-different-scenarios.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Anita
    Participant

Is there anyone that can help on this?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Anita
    Participant

…bump

Is there anyone out there that can help with this? I am trying to help someone else on here – http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/outreach-theme-move-home-widget-area/#post-16877.

SoZo

Overlay is done through positioning and z-index. You could take a look at how the date is placed atop the featured image in the Decor theme for an example.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Anita
    Participant

Sozo, does Agentpress work like that too?

SoZo

Sorry, work like what?

Anita
    Participant

Okay, so I found this in Decor – but cannot find how to apply it to the Title to overlay the image:

.post-date {

background-color: #FFFFFF;
        box-shadow: 0 3px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
        color: #7D7D7D;
        display: block;
        font-size: 14px;
        padding: 20px 10px;
        position: absolute;
        right: 20px;
        text-align: center;
        top: -2px;
        width: 100px;
        z-index: 999;

}

SoZo

What is the selector for the title? h1.entry-title right? You’d add a position and z-index property to that rule.

Anita
    Participant

Ahhh, I saw h1 but not the “title” part.  Let me go see now!

Anita
    Participant

Crap, I can’t get it to work on my News theme and I am trying to help Paul over here too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.