To what extent are the themes customizable & what is included in the framework?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion To what extent are the themes customizable & what is included in the framework?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  forevergoodlife 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

forevergoodlife
    Participant

Hi,

It seems that the child themes can be modified a lot but I’m not sure to what extent they are editable. Is it possible to completely change everything in a theme if I’d want that? So that even if it for a theme doesn’t explicitly say that it is possible to e.g. customize the menus I will still be able to do that?

I’ve been trying to find some info about what is included if I only buy the framework. Does it still include some sort of template with pages, header, background, css etc etc? Or will I have to create it ALL from scratch?

I appreciate any help :)

//Eva

braddalton
    Participant

You could use the framework on its own and add styling to it using a child theme

There are also several free child themes you can install with the framework http://www.studiopress.com/tag/free-child-themes

All the child themes are fairly easy to customize once you become familiar with the Genesis theme settings and your child themes style.css file.

All the styling in all the child themes is editable

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

anitac
    Participant

I would suggest you read the Genesis Guide for Absolute Beginners – http://www.studiopress.com/news/genesis-for-beginners.htm. The developers really do not advocate you editing the “framework” itself, but installing a child theme and editing from there. You can easily customize the navigations, etc., by using CSS and also add in other functionality by editing the functions.php, home.php and other files located in your child theme. And they have the Genesis Hooks were you can add even more functionality.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

forevergoodlife
    Participant

Thanks! I had a look at the free child themes and am really liking “Sample”, which seems to be the default child theme. And thanks for the link to the user guide!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘To what extent are the themes customizable & what is included in the framework?’ is closed to new replies.