Trying to register custom taxonomies and post types

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Trying to register custom taxonomies and post types

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Wheeler 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wheeler
    Participant

Before I can relaunch my site  (presently using Thesis) on Genesis, I need to figure out how to replicate some custom functions I rely on. In particular, I use  a taxonomy and custom post types to create my “Velo Garage” tutorial page. The excerpts of the custom post types (‘garage’) are pulled in with PHP code. There doesn’t seem to be a way to post PHP code on this forum??

It should be understood that my coding knowledge is rudimentary.

I’ve tried using the existing part of the code (in the child theme’s custom functions) to register the taxonomy and custom posts to no avail. I realize the other parts of the code reference Thesis and not sure how to rewrite that. Any ideas/help would be appreciated. Maybe there’s a better way to do this with Genesis.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Wheeler.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Wheeler.

Wheeler
    Participant

Hello? I figured out how to enable my taxonomy and custom post types.

What I’m trying to do is replicate the look of the page linked in my post above. I have gathered there’s something called the “Genesis grid.” Might that be what I’m looking for? I tried one code snippet I found online, but it broke my test site.

I’d appreciate any help, directions anyone might be able to offer.

Happy New Year!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.