Turning Genesis Child Theme into Minimalistic Scribe

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Turning Genesis Child Theme into Minimalistic Scribe

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jose 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jose
    Participant

Converted the Genesis default theme into a child theme, based on Minimalism… calling it SCRIBE.

You can see it at work http://jpm.cc

Appreciate your feedback!

Susan

Love it! I really like the header – it took me a while to realize that it becomes that bolder orange, and then eases down to the original color.

I think the only suggestion I could offer (and I’m not sure where you would implement it), is to make it easier for someone to find an older post – as it is, they have to scroll to the bottom to get to your archives.

Nice site! :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Jose
    Participant

Thanks Susan!

I used ideas both from 37Signals an the fade thing was from Zenhabits

That comment about scrolling was there from a couple of friends who I tested with. Not found a good enough solution to that yet…

The logic I use for minimalism, doesn’t necessarily mean it should be absent, it should be available, but not necessarily visible until required.

What do you think about using a sticky menu (like on Brian’s website)… this way the when the user scrolls, they immediately see a navigation with about/archives/contact?

nglstudios
    Participant

I LOVE YOUR SITE!!!

It is perfect, so clean and guides your visitors to what’s most important ‘content’. I am a fan of Zenhabits and been thinking on doing something similar for a small blog I have.

maybe you can share it LOL ;)

Jose
    Participant

Thanks @nglstudios! Wouldn’t mind co-auhoring this with someone for release, but as per wordpress.com – you need a sidebar to be considered for release there…  plus i dont have time for support on this (hence the need for a co-author) + co-author has to clean up the css and remove all stuff that is not being used…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.