Uber Customized News Theme — Community Review Site

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Uber Customized News Theme — Community Review Site

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Au Coeur 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Au Coeur
    Participant

This project was fun — and also a bit of a pain in the behind…if you know what I mean. Client wanted a website that would be a platform for reviews of local places, activities, and things, and she wanted a lot of custom CSS and functions depending upon categories, etc. I have to love when someone who knows nothing about building a website makes a million “simple” requests. :-) I made her logo too.

http://www.nantucket-bucket.com/

I’d love to hear what you all think, especially because I’m now building a much similar concept for myself. Already, there are things I’m doing differently (better) second time around.

Mother. Web & Graphic Designer. Lactation Consultant. Blogging about how it all fits together, most recently from northern Colorado. Visit my blog or my design site.

http://www.nantucket-bucket.com/

Susan

I love the layout of the site, and the colors. (I’ve never been to Nantucket, but it’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to go, so I’ve already bookmarked the site!) The only criticism I have is that the content font is very small (reading on my laptop). That may be the News theme default font size, though…

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Stewart
    Participant

Hi,

I would have to agree with Susan the font looks a little small on my laptop too, but the layout looks great. The color compliment each other nicely.

Only thing I would say is it took about 21secs to load for me, maybe check out some cacheing plugins like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache.

Other than that very nice
    Stewart

WordPress Developer – Need help upgrading to Genesis 2.0?My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter

Au Coeur
    Participant

Good to know about the font. I’m not even sure what size it is — whatever the default is. The next site I’m building I’ll have to make it a little bigger.

And I had thought that it might need a caching plug-in. I’ll look into that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mother. Web & Graphic Designer. Lactation Consultant. Blogging about how it all fits together, most recently from northern Colorado. Visit my blog or my design site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.