Unwated scroll bar in my header. Help!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Unwated scroll bar in my header. Help!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  karlaserendipity 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

karlaserendipity
    Participant

I began using the runway theme about a month ago. The header title was showing over my image logo and to get it to not show I added “text-indent: -9999px” as per theme author instruction. It worked, as in the title no longer shows but I’m left with a scroll bar on the right hand side that I do not want. She then had me add to the stylesheet:
    .header-image #title, .header-image #title a, .header-image #title-area {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
    overflow: none!important;
    }
    That didn’t help any. I let her know and received no reply. I tried for over a week to fix it myself and couldn’t find the problem and contracted the author again and have received no further help for the past two weeks. Please help.

http://www.myserendipitouslife.com/

wp guy
    Participant

Odd. I was playing around using Firebug and the scroll bar goes away when I changed 100% to 0%

.header-image #title-area {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    overflow: auto;
    width: 100%;
    }

karlaserendipity
    Participant

Yes, Thank you! It goes away but then it makes it so I can’t click on my header (to take me back to the homepage). :(

That was my original problem. The title kept showing over my image header. I need to be able to keep the blog name in the title for RSS purposes but I also need my header to take me back to home. I would prefer not using up space for a home button on my menu bar which is what I’ve had to use for now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.