Updated page does not show up

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Updated page does not show up

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

nuar2005@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi guys. Not sure if this topic is relevant to this forum, please transfer if not applicable.

I’m have a problem with updating my pages. Not sure if I’m missing a step in proper updating or what. I was trying to google, but didn’t find anything.

So, I have created a page and it was perfectly visible. Then I edited it and saved (updated, published etc). Now, when I click this page on my website I get to blank page with text “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”.

Same happened when I edited another page.  What am I doing wrong? Is there anything else I need to update after I edit the page?

I’ve checked menus and they refer to same pages as before, but strange thing, when I click a link under “original” – in menu setup it also brings me to blank page with same note ”Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”

But the page exists! I can see it under All Pages and can edit it.

Please help.

anitac
    Participant

When you get this message “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria” … that’s the message when you are searching for a Post and not a Page. Did you create a Page or a Post. Check both areas on the back end.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nuar2005@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi, thanks for replying.

I created and edited a Page, not a post. But the error message says “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”

I googled this error message and it seems to be quite a common problem with wordpress. Some suggested I checked permalinks. I checked that page and reset them to default and then back to current settings (currently set to “ Post name”) – but still not changes.

Maybe I should delete those pages and then recreate them again.

nuar2005@gmail.com
    Participant

I think I fixed it!

First I tried to duplicate the pages and adding new pages to new menu. It didn’t work.

Then I edited each of them and changed Template from “Blog” to “Default template”. And it worked.

However, now after duplication of pages their permalink became http://www.xxxxx.com/contact-2/ and I cannot remove “2″ even if I edit it. (I have already deleted the first version of the page). But I guess it’s a small thing.

anitac
    Participant

You need to empty the “trash” so that the original page is deleted permanently. After that, go to that post and edit the Permalink and/or slug.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nuar2005@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi.

Thanks a lot, it worked!

It feels so good when you do something and it actually works…

anitac
    Participant

Yes it does! I’ll close this since it is resolved.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Updated page does not show up’ is closed to new replies.