Upgrade to Genesis 2.0 – clearfix, float clearing and HTML5 Reset

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Upgrade to Genesis 2.0 – clearfix, float clearing and HTML5 Reset

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Efrat 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Efrat
    Participant

Hi,

Just finished the 4th client site upgrade and I have a few questions.
    I think that converting the existing style.css using the great converter tool is not enough.

Working on Streamline theme, here waht I found:
    1. I believe that the Clearfix classes should be removed and replaced with a different classes.
    2. The existing entry-content class should be removed – the “position: relative” causes the “more link” to jumps up.
    3. The search box has changed – seems to me that the box-sizing has changed for it…
    4. Questions: do you recommend copying the “HTML5 reset”, “Baseline Normalize”, “Box sizing” and “Float Clearing” from the new eleven40 theme style.css ?

Any advice ?

http://www.ravitradian.co.il

Susan

As you posted this over 3 months ago, I am hoping that you got your issue resolved. If not, please respond back here, and I will escalate for you.

Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Efrat
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your help.
    I didn’t get any answer to these questions…I did the upgrade to the HTML5 support to my best understanding but I am still thinking that it is a good practice to add the additional css elements (“HTML5 reset”, “Baseline Normalize”, “Box sizing” and “Float Clearing”) to the converted style.css…
    I would love to help what the professional team at studiopress have to say about it…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.