Upgrade to Magazine 2.1 Issues in Firefox & Safari

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Upgrade to Magazine 2.1 Issues in Firefox & Safari

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jrpuente
    Participant

I’m guessing I did something wrong in the upgrade to Magazine 2.1 because it works fine in Chrome, but in Safari or Firefox the layout is incorrect. It loads the sidebar widgets below the HOME section, but only HOME Top and Home Bottom widgets load. Home Middle Left/Right do not load.

Any help is appreciated.

Here’s a link to the site:  funknbeans.com

http://funknbeans.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hola,
    Looking at that, I don’t think it’s going to look good in Chrome much longer. :-) Your home widgets are defaulting to 100% width, and the good news is that I think I see a fix for you, assuming you want your sidebar on the right.

I’m referring to style.css, which can be seen by going to Appearance… Edit. In this code those widgets are 610px wide:
    [css]
    .home-bottom, .home-middle, .home-top {
    clear: both;
    font-size: 13px;
    line-height: 20px;
    margin: 0 0 20px;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 610px;
    }
    [/css]

Try replacing the first line with this variation. It should override the rogue 100% width. Take care to keep all the spaces there, or else it won’t work. :-)

[css]
    .home .home-bottom, .home .home-middle, .home .home-top {
    [/css]

Why did this show up with an update? Maybe Studiopress actually changed the original CSS. Or you (or someone) had made some CSS changes to style.css after buying the theme. In either case, the update will have over-written the original style.css file.

With this sort of thing in mind, when I make alterations to a stock Studiopress theme for someone, I keep my CSS changes “to the side” so that if the client does an upgrade without thinking about it and blasts the changes, a 1-line fix restores it all. I do the same thing with custom functions.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.