Upgraded to WP3.5 and now have menu issues

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Upgraded to WP3.5 and now have menu issues

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Diversified Woman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rainek
    Participant

Hello,

I just got around to upgrading to WP 3.5 today and the colors of my theme (Church Child Theme) have changed completely. It used to have three options – now I don’t have a way to change color options and it’s converted to a horrible dark scheme I don’t want.

Also I lost my navigation bars completely. I was able to create to menus, but I don’t have dropdown capabilities anymore. I did made sure that those boxes are checked in the Genesis Theme Settings. I tried disabling all of my plugins – but that didn’t change anything.

rainek
    Participant

Diversified Woman
    Participant

I just posted a question regarding nearly the same issue. All our drop down menus have disappeared too.

No one seemed to answer your question. Hope you were able to figure it out.

bollycanuk
    Participant

I had the same issue. Basically you have to use the WP menu system to re-create menus. Sucks but it works.

Another issue is the ability to select the color of the child theme seems to have disappeared.

Diversified Woman
    Participant

You mentiond using the WP menu system to “re-create the menus”……I know this sounds stupid but how do I do that?

Diversified Woman
    Participant

I found these notes about using that WP Menu but this is how I created it to being with? So really confused now.

http://fearlessflyer.com/2012/05/how-to-use-the-wp-menu-system/

This is the website below. Both the primary and secondary navigation incorporates drop down menus but again they are NOT showing. Obviously the secondary navigation consists of “categories”.

So frustrating and clueless how to fix this mess.

http://defendinggodsword.com/

bollycanuk
    Participant

Unfortunately I’m not a WP expert but I’ll try to help. First, what theme are you using? Is it a Genesis theme?

Diversified Woman
    Participant

It is actually Genesis and using the child theme Magazine.

Diversified Woman
    Participant

I do see at the bottom left hand corner of the browser there is an error symbol and when you click on it, you get the  following:

Webpage error details

Line: 11
    Char: 1662
    Code: 0
    URI: http://defendinggodsword.com/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/js/menu/superfish.js?ver=1.4.8

I am currently running  WP 3.5.

I’ve created menus in the WP here /wp-admin/nav-menus.php

It’s not a problem with any plugins. I think it may have something to do with the superfish js.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.