Upgrading from News to News Pro (HTML5)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Upgrading from News to News Pro (HTML5)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gabemartini
    Participant

I have been using the News theme for one of my blogs for a while now, and I love it. However, I noticed that the featured image size differs between the old News and the News Pro. For example, my featured images are all 700 x 400 pixels on my present blog.

If I upgrade to News Pro, will I have to resize every single featured image for them to look right (that is, to take up the full width of the column, with a sidebar on the right)? Or is there a way to resize News Pro to be the same dimensions as the old News theme?

What’s the best solution here? I want to upgrade, but I don’t want to have to re-do every single image for old posts!

Thanks!

http://onbehalfofall.org

braddalton
    Participant

In would test it locally first and import a month of posts.

You can easily change the featured image size in your functions file.
    [php]
    add_image_size( ‘featured’, 740, 400, TRUE );
    [/php]

You will need to see if it looks o.k but if you have cropped all your featured images before adding, you may find a new size will stretch them.

Otherwise, you can change the content area width and make a few tweaks to the CSS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.